Shipping costs are a very important factor in the operation of a Shopify store, and are a major factor in determining profit. In order to remain profitable after deducting costs, commissions, shipping, and administrative costs from product sales, you need to set appropriate shipping costs.
Shopify defaults to a shipping cost setting of
- The price of the order itself
- Total weight of order
But I want to set it in more detail by product or by a combination of conditions! I am sure that there will be times when you want to do so. In such cases, you can use this paid shipping cost setting application.
The appeal of this app is that it allows you to set a combination of shipping costs, such as "set by weight + free shipping if the total purchase price is over ¥0.00".
We will explain the features and simple usage of each app, so if you want to set more detailed shipping costs, please try the apps below!
Advanced Shipping Rules Paid App (1)
The first application we will introduce is called Advanced Shipping Rules. Specific features include
- Multiple conditions and variables can be used to set shipping costs.
- Create groups of products and apply specific shipping charges
- Free shipping can be configured.
- Certain items can be disabled for delivery to certain areas.
- Local delivery settings by city and zip code
- Surcharge for customs and duties
- Detailed shipping settings (product, weight, price)
- Compatible with Printful, Printify, Pixels, and Gooten
The list is wide-ranging, including
Also, the prices are as follows. Plans range from $9/month to $99/month.
Parcelify Paid Apps (2)
Next up is an app called Parcelify, which translates to the following features from the official Shopify app store.
- Local Delivery & Pickup: Local delivery and pickup to stores from specific zip codes and city names.
- Free Shipping: Free shipping can be set up for orders over a certain price.
- Drop Shipping: Allows you to set per-item shipping rates for dropshipping items from Oberlo, Printful, Printify, and more.
- Specific Shipping Rates: Set shipping rates if you have a specific item or a specific combination of items.
- Weight-based shipping: allows for shipping by weight
The pricing plan is only $12.99/month, and depending on the price, this may be a better deal for you.
How to choose a recommended paid app that allows you to set shipping fees for Shopify details Conclusion
I honestly did not see any significant difference between the two apps. Both are highly functional when it comes to setting up shipping costs, and I have the impression that they cover a certain amount of functionality.
Therefore, the way to decide is
- Can you achieve the shipping settings you want to achieve in your Shopify store (inquire or verify)?
- Compare plans and choose the one with the lowest price.
First, verify with each app whether the shipping costs you want to set up in your Shopify store are feasible, or submit an inquiry to the development company.
If the results show that it is feasible for both apps, I thought it would be fine to simply choose the one with the lower price.
Shipping costs are often a very big concern in the initial store setup. It takes a lot of time to find out what conditions clients want and whether there are apps that meet those conditions.
Therefore, I think that in most cases, inquiring whether it is feasible to use the above two apps, which cover most of the functions, will solve most of the problems.
Thank you for reading to the end. Have a great day!
[advertisement]If you are having trouble with Shopify product registration, please refer to Kuebiko's blog!